make sure you are prepared before your tulum trip.
your tulum trip is around the corner.
See our below checklist to help you better prepare your upcoming trip.
- Natural bug repellant
- Natural sunscreen
- Linen clothing (tops, bottoms)
- Bathing suit, swimmers
- Cash USD (bring as many $1’s and $5’s as possible for tips, gratuities, or street tacos)
- Credit card (with no foreign transaction fees)
- Tote bag or beach bag
- Beach sandals
Things to note:
- Use WhatsApp, it’s the most popular way to communicate in Mexico.
- You can use either USD or pesos. Check the currency before you go.
- Always double-check your receipts for overcharges, especially if you’re in a large group.
- Check your mobile phone’s carrier international fees beforehand, so there are no surprises. Turn off your phone while in the jungle (roaming charges are expensive) and use available Wi-Fi.
- Buy and stock up on filtered water (at convenience stores) if your accommodation does not provide.
- Wash your face and brush your teeth with filtered water.
- Lock up your passport, laptop, and expensive belongings inside your luggage (with a numerical lock) if possible.
- For taxis, always confirm a price BEFORE you enter the vehicle, not after.
- Bicycling on the beach road is dangerous as it is two-way access with many vehicles, including big trucks and rigs, not recommended.
get into the mood.
listen to our Spotify playlists to get into the mood before your trip.